International Water Ski Racing Online Since 1996

Postponement of 2011 Club Marine Southern 80

Media Release 21 January 2011 1.45pm

The Moama Water Sports Club convened a meeting this morning with a number of key stakeholders to assess additional risks given the recent rain and high water in the Campaspe, Goulburn and Murray Rivers. This meeting was attended by Echuca Moama Events, Parks Victoria, Shire of Campaspe, Murray Shire, NSW Maritime, National Parks, NSW State Forests, Victoria Police, NSW Police and Club Marine.

The safety of competitors and spectators was considered to be too marginal and therefore a decision has been made to postpone the 2011 Club Marine Southern 80.

The new date will be 15 – 17 April, 2011, which has been confirmed by SRA.

The Moama Water Sports Club has maintained that safety is paramount and the advice we received this morning was that if the event was going to continue over the scheduled weekend, this would be compromised. Debris along the route of the course, softened riverbanks and inundated public camps sites are among the reasons for this decision.

Should the revised date not work for any of the competitors, a full refund will be offered.

We thank you for your understanding.

Visit Us On TwitterVisit Us On Facebook