Well the Barrie Beehas Ski Race is over for another year. All results are available via the Southern 80 web page www.southern80.com.au
Some thoughts on the event:
• Blazen from Qld won the event in a record time of 23:16, the team of driver Noel Griffin, Observer Bernard Simpson and skiers Chris Stout & Grant Turner were the skiers
• 9 records were broken
• In the 6 litre class the top 4 boats broke the class record
• Records were broken in the Unlimited class , Blazen 23:16.0; 8 Litre Sportspage 24.40.18;6 Litre Mojo 25.44.22, Shady Ace 26.56.22, Toey As 27.08.02, Sythetic 27.12.26; SMOC Expert Stalker Evinrude 28.57.4, Evinrude Racing 28.59.08; Under 16 Boys & Girls Revenge 27.12.93
• There were no reported injuries
• Hellrazor, winner for the past 3 years, had engine trouble in the first leg of the race and withdrew.
• Local Boat – The Mistress was first to the turnaround point, but with drew at Torrumbarry due to engine troubles
• Fastest Local competitor was Greg Watts (Shepparton) observe ring in the boat Fastcash.
• There were about 1000 people at Deep Creek Marina to see the boats leave and return home again.
• 132 boats fronted the starter
• There were hundreds of people on the banks between Deep Creek Marina and Torrumbarry Weir.
Don’t forget that the entry forms for the 2010 Club Marine Southern 80 can be downloaded now from the Southern 80 web page.